It’s that time again, to fill out your bracket and win great prizes from ESPN 97.5! We’ll be giving prizes to 97.5 winners…..Yep the point five winner is the penultimate winner – second to last in the whole bracket. And did we mention this is all FREE?!
Prizes include a queen size mattress from Texas Mattress Makers, an Indochino premium custom suit and premium shirt, Skeeters tickets, Grungefest tickets, Cheers After Alcohol Aid, gift cards to Cowboy’s & Indians Tex-In Kitchen, Berryhill Baja Grill, Peli Peli, Chuy’s Fine Tex Mex, Pitch 25, Heights Beer Garden, Holan Draft House, El Tiempo, Kolache Shoppe, Rudy’s BBQ, Boardroom Men’s Salon, Union Kitchen & Jax Grill and lots more. And last but not least, the PENULTIMATE prize is an authentic autographed Clyde Drexler Houston Rockets hat. Prizes being updated daily.
And of course, come hang out with us during the tournament as we broadcast live at Twin Peaks
March 21st: 11am-7pm
March 22nd: 11am-7pm
March 28th: 11am-7pm
March 29th: 11am-7pm
ESPN 97.5 Houston BRACKET CHALLENGE 2019
Official Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KFNC, ESPN 97.5FM, owned and operated by Gow Media LLC (collectively, the “Stations”),5353 W. Alabama, Suite 415, Houston, TX 77056, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the ESPN 97.5 Houston Bracket Challenge (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age 18 or older with a valid Driver’s License at time of prize pick up. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Gow Media., its affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
- An individual may win an on-going contest only once per 30-day period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- The contest will begin on Monday, March 18, 2019 and will run through Monday, April 8, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
- All of the ways to enter and/or participate in the contest (e.g., entry forms, call in, online, etc.)
- ENTRY PAGE. To access and/or enter the Promotion, log-on to the Men’s Tournament Challenge homepage and click the link: https://bit.ly/2CgxJiL
- You must complete your entry by clicking on the “JOIN” or “CREATE BRACKET” under ESPN975Houston bracket button and completely filling out your bracket.
- ESPN.COM REGISTRATION. To play the Promotion, you must be a registered member of ESPN.com (or one of Sponsor’s affiliated websites, e.g., ABC.com, ABCNews.com, DisneyOnline.com, and Family.com). Registration is free.
- Not yet a Member. You may register by clicking on the applicable link on the entry page for the Promotion and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your e-mail address, name, birth date, gender and country of residence (collectively “User Information”) and to select a username and password.
- Already a Member. If you are already a member (or if you are a member of one of the Sponsor’s affiliated websites), then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Promotion by logging in on ESPN.com with your current username and password.
- HOW TO PLAY.
- General. The objective of the Promotion is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the “winning pick” for each of the sixty-three (63) match-ups associated with the Tournament.
- How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game.
- ENTIRE Bracket must be filled out to be considered eligible for the ESPN 97.5 Bracket Challenge
- Scoring. A correct pick in a given round is shown below:
- Round 2: 10 points per pick
- Round 3: 20 points per pick
- Round 4: 40 points per pick
- Round 5: 80 points per pick
- Round 6: 160 points per pick
- Championship: 320 points per pick
- In the event a Tournament match does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation) no points will be awarded.
- Lock-time. All picks will lock at the scheduled tip off time of the Tournament currently scheduled for Thursday, March 21, 2019. Your picks for the matchups must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor’s computer by the scheduled locktime. Selections submitted after the deadline are considered invalid. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- Ties. Entrants may, but are not required to, submit a predicted score for the championship game (the “Tiebreaker Game Score”). This prediction is used for tiebreaker purposes only. If no predicted score is submitted for an entry, it is given a default prediction of zero (0) points to zero (0) points.
- *NOTE – TIEBREAKERS WILL ONLY BE USED FOR LOCAL GROUP STANDINGS AND DO NOT IMPACT THE DETERMINATION OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER.
- On completion of your ESPN 97.5 bracket challenge, contestant’s bracket will be automatically updated based on their selections and outcomes of the games played from March 21, 2019 until April 8, 2019. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive prizes, in the Station’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Station’s sole discretion.
- 97.5 + the penultimate prizes will be awarded to the top 97.5 finalists + the penultimate winner in the ESPN Bracket Challenge. There will technically be 99 winners total and 99 prizes total.
- All Prizes are valued at $50 or more.
- Prizes will be awarded to winners based on placement in the ESPN Bracket Challenge.
- For Example: If you finish in 36th place in the ESPN 97.5 Bracket Challenge, you will win the 36th prize.
Prizes are as follows. Prizes are updated daily:
Prize 1: Texas Mattress Makers Custom Queen Size Mattress
Prize 2: IndoChino Custom Premium Suit
Prize 3: IndoChino Custom Premium Shirt
Prize 4: Cowboy’s & Indian’s Tex-In Kitchen $50 Gift Card
Prize 5: Dinner for 2 at Chuy’s Fine Tex Mex restaurant
Prize 6: Cheers Dynamic Duo- After Alcohol Aid + ESPN Tshirt
Prize 7: Berry Hill Baja Grill $50 Gift Card
Prize 8: 4 pack of Grungefest Tickets @ Revention Music Center on April 14
Prize 9: Pitch 25 $75 gift card
Prize 10: Heights Bier Garten $75 gift card
Prize 11: Holman Draft House $75 Gift Card
Prize 12: Boardroom Men’s Salon $60 Signature Haircut
Prize 13: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 14: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 15: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 16: Kolache Shoppe $50 gift card
Prize 17: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 18:$50 BB’s Tex-Orleans Gift Card
Prize 19: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 20: Becks Prime $50 Gift Card
Prize 21: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 22: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 23: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 24: Dinner for 2 at Chuy’s Fine Tex Mex restaurant
Prize 25: Cheers Dynamic Duo- After Alcohol Aid + ESPN Tshirt
Prize 26: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 27: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 28: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 29: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 30: Berry Hill Baja Grill $50 Gift Card
Prize 31: Boardroom Men’s Salon $60 Signature Haircut
Prize 32: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 33: Becks Prime $50 Gift Card
Prize 34: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 35: Cowboy’s & Indian’s Tex-In Kitchen $50 Gift Card
Prize 36: 4 pack of Grungefest Tickets @ Revention Music Center on April 14
Prize 37: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 38: Kolache Shoppe $50 gift card
Prize 39: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 40: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 41: Berry Hill Baja Grill $50 Gift Card
Prize 42: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 43: Becks Prime $50 Gift Card
Prize 44: Dinner for 2 at Chuy’s Fine Tex Mex restaurant
Prize 45:Cheers Dynamic Duo- After Alcohol Aid + ESPN Tshirt
Prize 46: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 47: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 48: Heights Bier Garten $75 gift card
Prize 49:$50 BB’s Tex-Orleans Gift Card
Prize 50: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 51: Boardroom Men’s Salon $60 Signature Haircut
Prize 52: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 53: Becks Prime $50 Gift Card
Prize 54: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 55: Cowboy’s & Indian’s Tex-In Kitchen $50 Gift Card
Prize 56: 4 pack of Grungefest Tickets @ Revention Music Center on April 14
Prize 57: Pitch 25 $75 gift card
Prize 58: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 59: Kolache Shoppe $50 gift card
Prize 60: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 61: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 62: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 63: Dinner for 2 at Chuy’s Fine Tex Mex restaurant
Prize 64: Cheers Dynamic Duo- After Alcohol Aid + ESPN Tshirt
Prize 65: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 66: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 67: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 68: Holman Draft House $75 Gift Card
Prize 69: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 70: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 71: Becks Prime $50 Gift Card
Prize 72: Berry Hill Baja Grill $50 Gift Card
Prize 73: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 74: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 75: Cowboy’s & Indian’s Tex-In Kitchen $50 Gift Card
Prize 76: 4 pack of Grungefest Tickets @ Revention Music Center on April 14
Prize 77: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 78: Kolache Shoppe $50 gift card
Prize 79: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 80: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 81: Boardroom Men’s Salon $60 Signature Haircut
Prize 82: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 83: Dinner for 2 at Chuy’s Fine Tex Mex restaurant
Prize 84: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 85: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 86: Berry Hill Baja Grill $50 Gift Card
Prize 87: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 88:$50 BB’s Tex-Orleans Gift Card
Prize 89: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 90: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 91: Rudy’s BBQ $50 Gift Card
Prize 92: Kolache Shoppe $50 gift card
Prize 93: Union Kitchen/Jax Grill $50 gift card
Prize 94: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Prize 95: Peli Peli $50 Gift Card
Prize 96: 4 pack of Grungefest Tickets @ Revention Music Center on April 14
Prize 97: Boardroom Men’s Salon $60 Signature Haircut
Prize 97.5: El Tiempo $50 Gift Card
Penultimate Prize (2nd to last): Autographed Clyde Drexler Autographed Hat
Prize(s) are non-transferable, cannot be sold or gifted, may not be redeemed for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Extensions to expiration dates will not be granted.
All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged or sold. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize.
The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
All entrants and winners agree that the Station, Gow Media., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
All prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to . to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station, Gow Media., its affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the prize.
All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion. The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
All entrants and winners agree to give the Station, its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless the Station, its parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release Gow Media, the Stations, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
A winners list may be obtained after Monday, April 1, 2019, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
Gow MediaATTN: Courtney Bell5353 W. Alabama, Suite 415Houston, TX 77056